Welcome Scholars and Guardians!
Hello, I'm Ms.Velasco. I currently teach English 10 Honors and regular. This is my second year at FHS Steam Magnet #GoPathfinders
I received my B.A. in English from the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) and will be receiving my M.Ed. from there as well. Go Bruins!
Some of my interests include gardening, hiking, hanging out with my dog, and reading.
I am excited to embark in this new adventure with you all this academic year. Please communicate to me any questions, comments, or concerns.
Students will use an inter-disciplinary approach to reading, writing, speaking, and listening, as applied to a rigorous curriculum that encourages critical thinking, problem solving, evidence- based decision making, historical and social connections, and collaboration (Common Core). Technology and real world application are emphasized so that students become college and career ready.
Critical Thinking/Analyzing Literature
- Understand relationships between ideas
- Discover patterns throughout history
- Observe commonalities
- Study multiple and varying perspectives
- Make cross-curricular connections
- Recognize real-world applications of academic concepts
How: Direct References to Text(s) and Inferences
Productive Collaboration/Effective Communication
- Understand significance of ideas, audience and purpose
- Utilize technology to access information and share knowledge
- Embrace creativity and ingenuity
- Contribute, function and respond appropriately in group settings